Adults Africa Brazil Business Children China Comic & Anime Connect Demographics: General Events Games & Toys Global GrapevineStar™ India Licensing MEPros News Niche Pop Culture Reviews Social Media Teens Urban

GrapevineStar Entertainment Technology Trend Alert – Createasphere

Createasphere is a global community builder for the entertainment technology industry, advancing technology and careers through our Expos, Conferences, and online offerings.
GrapevineStar salutes Createasphere,  an elite team of results oriented producers. We look forward to participating in Createasphere events bringing their offerings to our clients, collaborators and audiences.

Mission:

Culture:

We are committed to delivering valuable and quality content with excellent customer service to all of our outlets and community members while growing a profitable company. We are part of the communities that we serve, through collaboration, commitment, hard work, and fun. We create a welcoming and inclusive culture with all that we do. Our company functions as a team with transparent, measurable, and aggressive goals and accountabilities. We are committed to being a profitable company, keeping our word, and allowing creativity to guide us.

Our History:

• Createasphere, formerly known as HD Expo, began in 2001 as a single trade show focused on the entertainment and media industry’s transition to High Definition.
  • In 2003, Createasphere launched it’s first multi-day workshop with Varicamp. Since then, Createasphere has produced a large portfolio of hands-on learning workshops.
  • In 2008, Createasphere joined Diversified Business Communications, an international organization in business to support and build innovative, effective business communities.
  • Createasphere launched the Digital Asset Management Conference in Universal City, CA in 2010, and has traveled this event to New York and The Hague, Netherlands.
  • Creative Pro Coalitions joined the Createasphere family in 2011.

The People Who Make It Happen:

Kristin PetrovichKristin Petrovich Kennedy, President

Kristin founded HD EXPO in 2001, one of the earliest and most influential conference-exhibitions that addressed the dynamic intersection of creativity and technology at a pivotal moment in the evolution of entertainment technology. She transitioned the HD EXPO brand to Createasphere in 2009, growing it to a global presence and industry resource during a period of rapid technological and industry changes. Createasphere presents valuable education, community building, online learning, conferences and exhibitions that focus on digital asset management, entertainment technology, houses of worship, and digital cinema that speak to content creators and owners along the entire spectrum of the supply chain. Createasphere presents events in Europe, India, the Middle East, Asia and the US.  Before 2001 and the launch of her company, Kristin gathered international experience in production and post production with management roles at a number of companies and studios in Europe and the US. She returned to the US and founded KMP Associates, a leading technical talent search firm, which led her to many important relationships with emerging post production and production talent as well as closely working with every major network, studio, and production company. Createasphere became a part of the Diversified Business family of companies in 2008.
A frequently requested speaker, Ms. Petrovich Kennedy has presented and spoken at: SXSW Festival, NATPE, Motion Graphics Festival, SISO. She is an Associate member of the American Society of Cinematographers.
Contact: kristin@createasphere.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Angela Delgado, Business Manager
Angela brings more than 15 years of accounting experience to her role at Createasphere. Her varied career has seen her active in several industries including entertainment, restaurant, retail, real estate, biopharmaceuticals, technology, and financial services. She has extensive experience leading finance, operations, and administrative teams through both the start-up and mature phases of the business lifecycle. In addition to strategic planning, budgeting and standard accounting functions, Angela specializes in technology issues and internal and external audits.
Contact:angela@createasphere.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

James VertovecJames Vertovec, CMP, Operations Manager
James comes to Burbank and the Createasphere team from the Windy City. In 2008 James received his Certified Meeting Professional designation while supporting meeting and convention planning for the American Library Association (ALA). As the Special Events and Meeting manager, James was instrumental in the planning and execution of conferences and conventions with upwards of 30,000 attendees.

Prior to his work at the ALA, James was a leader and Event Manager with Walt Disney World. At Disney he had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of technicians, musicians, outside vendors, and in-house executives on events ranging in size from a 20-person meeting to a benefit concert with Michael Crawford for over 3000 attendees. Customer service is a key component at Disney and the integration of customer service into the up-selling and marketing of audio visual and entertainment packages allowed James to go beyond the transactional approach to selling and develop long-term relationships with clients.
Contact:james@createasphere.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Mary Yurkovic, Manager Digital Asset Management Conference
Mary is helping to build Createasphere’s thriving Digital Asset Management Community. Bringing more than 10 years of experience from publishing, entertainment and technology to Createasphere, she has worked in a range of different roles, from creative to technical. Mary has been responsible for providing efficient and effective technical solutions for major media companies, and her deep understanding of technology, content, and digital workflows serves as the foundation for implementing successful Digital Asset Management solutions, digital workflow automation, workflow mapping, change assurance and system integration. Her experience includes working with many different DAM technologies and integrating them with other solutions.

Mary has managed DAM implementations with several global brands and is a recognized expert and frequent contributor to national events where she has been engaged as a speaker including Adobe Partner’s in Publishing, Adobe Max, AIIM Spectrum, MEI Publishing Summit, and Henry Stewart Digital Asset Management Conferences. Ms. Yurkovic graduated from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois and received Board Certification from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
Contact:mary@createasphere.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Stephanie Cameron, Web and Analytics Marketing Manager
An integral part of the Createasphere team since the first HD EXPO in 2001, Stephanie has been instrumental in the branding, positioning and growth of Createasphere as a multi-platform communications and education company. A successful artist, sculptor and industry veteran, Stephanie has helped to build the technical infrastructure of the Createasphere website and communication technologies of the company, helping to position it as a cutting edge member of the entertainment industry.

Away from her role at Createasphere, the gifted designer is a busy entrepreneur.  She is the Acting Partner and Creative Director of Insight Creative, LLC. Some of her clients include Panasonic, The Brookturn Company, and the documentary filmmaker Angela Shelton. She has designed both on-line and off-line marketing materials, front-end web sites, motion grahics, and print.

Prior to her tenure at Createasphere, she was a model maker, muralist, gallery owner, and fine artist and moved to Los Angeles in 1996. The New Mexico native is married to Visual Effects Artist D. Walt Cameron and has two children. 
Contact: stephanie@createasphere.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Laura Pursley, Marketing Manager

As an independent filmmaker, Laura understands the value that Createasphere provides to the content creation community. She combines her own experience as a satisfied Createasphere customer with a background in educational programming and marketing to bring a unique perspective to this dynamic team.

Laura’s passion for the film industry started with a high school job at the local movie theatre. From there, she began managing movie theatres with Cineplex Odeon. This early experience in the field eventually informed her work at Warner Home Video, where Laura researched moviegoers’ decision-making processes. The many DVD marketing campaigns she worked on included: Batman Begins, Good Night and Good Luck, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, The Polar Express, March of the Penguins, and Million Dollar Baby.

Before moving to Burbank, Laura produced special events and managed the docent training program at the Harn Museum of Art in Gainesville, Florida. Other industry events that she has worked on include the Writers Guild’s “Words Into Pictures” conference, Creative Screenwriting Expo, and the Great American PitchFest. Laura recently produced the indie feature Below Zero.

Contact:laura@createasphere.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Christine Purse, President, Senior Counsel, ignite
Christine Purse has spent 15 years in strategic marketing and public relations as a senior level consultant and staff member. She launched ignite in early 2005 after a successful tenure as Vice President in charge of Marketing and Communications for Kodak-owned LaserPacific, a major post-production technology company serving the leading content creators in Hollywood. For more than ten years, her expertise has included working with Hollywood television producers, feature film productions, and global leaders in entertainment technology.

Chris is a Regional Emmy winner and recipient of numerous international and national feature film awards and a LA ProAward. She began her career at a leading regional advertising agency as a broadcast producer and was a Producing Fellow at the American Film Institute. Chris serves on the Public Relations Committee of the American Society of Cinematographers, is a former trustee of the International Documentary Association and is an active member of the Hollywood Post Alliance where she serves as PR counsel for the HPA Awards. Her other clients include technology companies, major post production facilities, filmmakers, film festivals and events.
Contact: chris@ignite.bzThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

CarolynGiardiana

Carolyn Giardina, Editorial

Createasphere is proud to present ongoing comment and columns by Carolyn Giardina, the industry journalist known for insightful coverage of entertainment and entertainment technology. Carolyn is a recognized voice on this beat, bringing detailed and wide-angled views to the stories that impact the content creator.  For more than 15 years, Carolyn has written and spoken about media and entertainment as a writer and editor for top publications including; “The Hollywood Reporter,” “Film & Video,” “SHOOT,” “The IBC Daily News,” “TVB Europe,” and as an on-camera reporter for the syndicated cable program from “The Hollywood Reporter.” She was a contributing writer to the second edition of the book “The Guide to Digital Television” and serves as a member of the Hollywood Post Alliance Board of Directors and on the IBC Conference Committee. Createasphere readers can anticipate quality analysis and news from one of the most compelling writers working today.

Contact:carolyngiardina@hotmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it